Thursday, July 22, 2004

Atv = three points in time. A = action, T = time, V = vision as the four minds crack in atv v v v...

There is a stunning dearth of Alternative TV on the interweb, and (it turned out) in my cd collection. Whilst I wait for amazon to put that right, here's the one track I could find (it was on a compilation Charlie made for me as a post-vasectomy present and called "Never mind yer bollocks"):

Alternative TV: How much longer? (buy)

And thinking about ATV reminded me of the Television Personalities, the original comedy punk band - I remember hearing this next offering on John Peel when I was about 14, and cringing...

Television Personalities: The Part Time Punks (buy)

Which brings us to the ultimate in comedy punk bands, Snuff. In their time, they have covered Funk Soul Brother, I Will Survive and the shake 'n' vac advert...this is a TV theme which used to bring a tear to my eye as a teenager, wistful for a past I hadn't had yet:

Snuff: (Whatever happened to)The Likely Lads (buy)


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
Good to see you back and posting some punk rock, don't hold out much hope for the ATValbum, they very quickly turned into Zappa fixated experimentalists (yuk)
I may put some interesting stuff on if I can work out how to do it!

Anyhow, I have a little present for you, a book from you know who...

Charlie

4:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you need an invite, which is on it's way...

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home